MY PHILOSOPHY AND VALUES
My working philosophy
- Developing people’s potential
- Centered on the organization’s operational reality
- Based on learning by experiencing, sharing, exchanging, practicing, doing
- Flexible and creative
- Original and “eye opening” approach
- Coherent: we model what we preach
My values and working principles
- I firmly believe in working together as a partner and catalyst for change, development and learning for individuals, teams and organizations.
- Honesty, transparency, professionalism and fostering long term , sustainable and responsible excellence drive my actions.
- I believe in learning by sharing, in facilitating productive conversations and fostering a climate of mutual trust, respect and understanding.
- To lead, to facilitate, to coach I need to be able to show coherence between my vision, what I want to create, my purpose or raison d’etre, as well as my values and the actions and words I express. Coherence is the basis of responsible consulting, coaching and facilitation.
These values are then translated in some key operational principles:
I foster a process of continuous interactions and exercises through
- Group exercises that simulate real operational issues
- Role plays and case studies that are developed taking into account the operational reality
- Peer Feedback and coaching to ensure self assessment , integration and application of the Key Learning Points after the training , the workshop
- In terms of style, I firmly believe in experiential learning.
- Wherever possible, learning is accompanied by exercises that involve discussions, role plays or activities that simulate the work environment. This helps to create learning that is integrated and more easily translated into action in the workplace.
Victoria is an independent international consultant, facilitator, public speaker, trainer, individual and executive team coach based in Switzerland and France. She has worked extensively for Nexum, Arthur D. Little and Intercultural Management Associates over the last 10 years.
She has over 20 years of experience as a consultant, facilitator and executive coach in the areas of:
- Organizational vision , development and learning
- Transformational and charismatic leadership
- Leading and managing, implementing, and communicating change
- Strategic alignment
- Developing emotional intelligence
- Leadership development
- High performing teams and interpersonal effectiveness
- Conflict management
- Management of large, complex, medium to long-term projects
- Multi-cultural management
- Women in Leadership
- Inter-generational trust and cooperation
- Traps of successful leaders
- She works mainly in Europe, North and South America. She has worked for many international organizations such as GDF- Suez, Nestlé, World Bank, Société Générale, ABB, Caisse des Dépôts, Holderbank, Diax, British Petroleum, Matignon, Cabinet of the President of Brazil, Philips, Credit Agricole, UCB…
- She is fluent in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and has a good knowledge of German.
- Victoria holds a Master and Doctorate (CAS) from Harvard University in Organizational Behavior, Counseling and Consulting Psychology
- MBTI®, DiSC®, FIRO-B®, Insights®, 360°PDI Certified coach
- Belbin Team Roles, High Performing Teams
- Member of ICF (International Coach Federation)
Victoria V. Doebbel
Offices in France/Switzerland/Spain
- Change Management and institutional /organizational Development expert
- Individual and executive teams coaching
- Public speaker in Leadership, Interpersonal Effectiveness and Leading and Managing Change
- Executive Leadership Development expert
- Facilitation, Mediation and conflict management in Top Management teams
- Management of large, long-term projects in both the private and public sectors
- Multi-cultural and worldwide experience
QUICK OVERVIEW :
- Professional Experience
- Teaching, Training, and Clinical Experience
- Continuing Education
- Honors and Distinctions
09/1991 – today INDEPENDENT MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT France / Switzerland
- Coaching: executive coaching and senior team coaching
- Design management & follow up of change management projects both in the public & private sector
- Management development, communication, leadership competence at the top level
- Develop and facilitate corporate strategic alignment processes and cascading and implementation of strategies
- Facilitation of complex meetings & workshops : conflict resolution, decision making, strategy development, mediation
- Organizational diagnosis, management audits, restructuring, development and implementation of strategic and operational change. Management turn around of medium-size companies
- Strategic, operational and management audits prior and after acquisitions, mergers and fusions of industrial and service companies throughout Europe
- Clients include: , Nestlé, Crédit Agricole, Philips, UCB,GDF- Suez, Procter & Gamble, Mc Kinsey, Dexia, Arthur D Little, Elsevier, Plan International, World Bank, ICM, Société Générale, ABB, Caisse des Dépôts, Holderbank, Diax, British Petroleum, Matignon, Cabinet du Président du Brésil, Calyon, ING, Euroclear, MCE (Management Centre Europe)…
09/1986 – 02/1991 CEGOS GROUP Paris, France
French management consulting group founded in 1926
500 consultants in France, 800 worldwide
Strategy and Management Division
Senior Consultant and Project Manager
- Management of large, medium-term projects dealing with strategic, cultural and managerial organizational change throughout Europe, both in private and public sectors
- Diagnosis, implementation and follow up of intervention strategies contracted with top management
- Commercial development and product manager
09/1982 – 06/1986 PETROLEOS DE VENEZUELA Caracas, Venezuela
Corpoven (affiliate), 6400 employees
Organizational Development Consultant
Internal Consultant on organizational management and development
- Management of post merger change project in the oil industry
- Diagnosis, implementation and evaluation of change programs negotiated with top management
- Participation in the creation of the O.D. department, directly attached tthe Presidency. Elaboration of its mission, philosophy, strategy and plan of action
- Design and implementation of organizational, group and individual change strategies
1980 – 1982 HARVARD UNIVERSITY Cambridge, MA, U.S.A.
- Masters and Doctorate studies (Certificate of Advanced Studies) in Organizational Behavior and Counseling and Consulting Psychology.
- Multi-school program at the Business School, School of Government School of Education.
- Areas of specialization : Consulting, Organizational Behavior and Development, Prevention and Intervention Strategies. Career Development, Counseling, Coaching, Conflict mediation
1976 – 1980 NEW-YORK UNIVERSITY New-York, U.S.A.
- B.A. In Psychology (Clinical, Community and Organizational)
- Summa cum Laude, Honors in Psychology
- Thesis : “Burnout and Turnover among Human Service Professionals”
TEACHING, TRAINING AND CLINICAL EXPERIENCE
01/1990 – today
Arthur D Little CORPORATE UNIVERSITY
Engie CORPORATE UNIVERSITY
Belfius CORPORATE UNIVERSITY
Lagardere CORPORATE UNIVERSITY
MANAGEMENT CENTRE EUROPE
CASA CORPORATE UNIVERSITY
WEF. Global Shapers Leadership Team
- Expert and Faculty member in the areas of Change Management, Leading management change, Coaching: from individual tteam coaching
- Communication, Leadership, Interpersonal Effectiveness, Organizational
- Learning, Facilitation, Complexities of People Management, Conflict Management
09/1984 – 06/1986 UNIVERSIDAD ANDRES BELLO Caracas, Venezuela
- Professor at the graduate level
- “Organizational Behavior and Development” and “Group Dynamics”
- Creation of the Masters program in “Organizational Development”
09/1981 – 06/1982 HARVARD UNIVERSITY Cambridge, MA, U.S.A.
- Assistant to the Dean of Freshman
- Counseling, Coaching and Academic Advisor (Proctor)
- Counseling, Coaching and administrative responsibilities
07/1975 – 09/1977 GMA FOUNDATION New-York, U.S.A.
Venezuelan Government Scholarship Foundation
- Senior Counselor and Administrator
- Administration, counseling and follow up of 900 Venezuelan students
- pursuing undergraduate and graduate studies
01/1981 – 06/1981 BOSTON CITY HOSPITAL Boston, MA; U.S.A.
- Clinical diagnosis, family therapy
01/1990 – today Advanced training received in the areas of
- Advanced System Thinking, Boston
- Organizational Learning, London
- Team Learning, Boston
- Leadership & Mastery, London
- Visionary & Leadership Planning, Brussels
- Mediation, Paris
- Coaching, Boston
1989 MANAGEMENT CENTRE EUROPE Brussels, Belgium
- “Beyond the Quick Fix: Sustained Organizational Change”
R. Kilman, University of Pittsburgh
- “The Learning Organization”
R. Pascale, Stanford University
1988 CEGOS Paris, France
- “Management Cycle” Three-week training on strategy implementation, management information systems and organizational structure
1987 INSTITUT D’ETUDES POLITIQUES Paris, France
- Intensive seminar on “The changing France”; economical, financial, social, political and international development.
02/1985 QUALITY CIRCLES AND PRODUCTIVITY IMPROVEMENT
- METHODS Maraven, Venezuela
08/1984 UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA Los Angeles, U.S.A.
- Inter-Organizational leadership and management laboratory
06/1984 – 08/1984 ORGANIZATIONAL CONSULTING Caracas, Venezuela
- Organizational Ressources Center
- Decision-making, Intervention Strategies, Transactional Analysis for Organizations
02/1984 STRATEGIC PLANNING Caracas, Venezuela
- IESA – Venezuela’s business school
10/1982 – 09/1983 INTERNAL CONSULTANT TRAINING PROGRAM New-York, U.S.A.
- O.R.C. Organization Ressources Councelor
- Conferences, case studies and macro-project on a global organizational diagnosis model
HONORS AND DISTINCTIONS
- “Outstanding Woman in Psychology 1980” and
- “Catherine Vassilakis Gold Pin and Scroll” given tthe highest achieving student on 1980
- Summa cum Laude, Honors in Psychology
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Prize for the Best Thesis in Psychology
- Full scholarship to pursue undergraduate and graduate studies in the U.S.A.
- Good knowledge of German
- Clinical Psychologist
- Certified in Psychometrics
- 360° PDI Certified coach
- Member of ICF/ International Coach Federation
- Upon request
4 nationalities: French, Swiss, Chilean, Venezuelan
- Air France
- Arthur D. Little
- British Petroleum
- Cabinet of the President of Brazil
- Cabinet of the President of Bolivia
- Caisse des Dépôts et Consignation
- Coca Cola
- Crédit Agricole
- Ericsson Sweden
- International Institute of Learning
- La Baloise Assurances
- Mepha Pharma
- Nestlé Waters France
- Plan International
- Procter & Gamble Belgium
- Reed Elsevier International
- Société Générale
- Star Alliance
- Tractebel Engineering
- World Bank
- 2017: Developing high-performing executive teams in Europe
- 2017: Women in Leadership in Dubai
- 2017: Numerous workshops around the world on transformational leadership and leading and managing change
- 2017: Executive coaching for various CEOs in Europe
- 2016/2017: Leadership workshops for top executives in Monaco, Geneva, Lausanne, Miami, Singapore and Hong Kong
- 2016: Hands On Workshops on Transformational Change for project managers in the Public Sector in Switzerland
- 2016: Coaching of Change Management teams in the Energy industry
- 2015/2016: Strategic coaching for Executive teams in Ukraine
- 2015/2016: Workshops for top senior Human Resource Executives in Madrid
- 2015/2016: Strategic coaching and training for International top “high potentials” in the Banking industry
- 2015: Women in Leadership conferences and workshops in Australia, Thailand, Singapore, Belgium, Mexico, France and USA
- 2015: Coaching of top executives in Energy, Publishing and Insurance sectors
- 2014: Post merger management and integration projects.
Workshops on Women in leadership / Communication for communication
- October 2013: Yale leadership Institute Developing your own charisma
- September 2013 : Conférence on Working across generations. Deauville.
- April 2013: Congrès du Management de Projet, Lausanne, “Managing Conflict in Complex Projects”.
- March 2013: Yale Leadership Institute: conference on influencing and managing difficult conversations.
- All year 2012/13: 360° coaching for top executives in Europe.
- Nov 2012, Jan/Mar 2013: Leading change and developing soft skills for project managers in London, Paris and Houston.
- October 2012: Course on strategy development and implementation for top executives in Switzerland.
- August/September 2012: Developing leadership and interpersonal skills for top executives in Chile.
- October 2011 – June 2012: Developing leadership and strategic abilities for international, high-potentials of a large financial group. Paris, London and Poland.
- February 2012: Yale University. LEAD program. Conference on “Developing your capacity to shine and inspire others”.
- November 2011: Top executive assessment for a large international institution.
- August and November 2011: Leadership and change management, interpersonal effectiveness workshops in Chile.
- October 2011: Developing successful strategies and business plans, Lausanne, Switzerland.
- June/July 2011: Ensuring that serious change efforts are implemented. Workshop with top management of the Swiss energy sector.
- April 2011: Speaker on “Myth and benefits of coaching” in Lausanne, Switzerland
- Winter 2010/11: Facilitating and coaching for CEO’s and executive teams in Switzerland
- Winter 2010/11: Working on virtual and remote team management in Frankfurt and London in the high-tech industry
- 2010/2011 : International webinar speaker and leader
- December 2010: Washington DC. Facilitation of think tank for global leaders anticipating trends and life style for 2030
- September 2010: Lausanne SRE, Conference on Key Success Factors in Implementing sustainable change
- Ongoing: Interviewing of several European CEO’s for a book on Tranformational Leadership
- August 2010: Panel-Speaker on Leadership for top executives. Desafio de humanidad, Santiago, Chile
- 2010: International Webinars:speaker and leader of on line, interactive seminars
- April 2010: Lausanne, Speaker at Project Management Congress on Change Management.
- December 2009: Panel-Speaker on Leadership for top executives. Desafio de humanidad, Santiago, Chile
- November 2009: Geneva, CERN and HEG conference on Leading sustainable change efforts
- November 2009: Brussels, Conference on Leading in Generation X, Y and dotcom work environments
- Fall 2009: Workshops on Leadership, Change Management, Interpersonal Effectiveness, Post-merger Management
- August 12th 2009: Panel-Speaker on Leadership for top executives. Desafio de humanidad, Santiago, Chile